Vision, Values and Aims
Hermitage Primary is a school which promotes mutual respect, where teamwork enables you to face new challenges together, where staff and pupils can achieve their full potential in a supportive, stimulating and creative environment that celebrates diversity and has excellent channels of communication with parents and the wider community.
As we strive to achieve this vision all members of the Hermitage Primary School community :
- Will be honest at all times
- Show responsibility in looking after our school and everyone’s property
- Demonstrate consideration, compassion and respect towards each other
- Focus on developing our skills and knowledge to be the best that we can be
To help children become Confident Individuals, Successful Learners, Effective Contributors & Responsible Citizens we will endeavour to:
- Provide children with the opportunity and experiences necessary to develop as successful learners, who are confident, exercise responsibility, contribute to the life of the school and wider community and who make very good progress in their learning.
- Provide a curriculum which is designed to promote challenge, enjoyment, breadth and depth, progression, relevance, coherence, personalisation and choice in learning for all pupils.
- Ensure that leadership is effective, reinforcing a culture where staff and learners feel able to exercise initiative and take lead roles beyond the classroom.
Maintain very effective links with the community, educational establishments, agencies and others to ensure that their unique contributions provide enriching experiences for all learners.
- Provide high quality resources which enable teachers to deliver high standards of teaching and learners to learn effectively.
- Provide an ethos within the school which celebrates achievement, encourages creativity and innovation, accepts and deals with change and confidently promotes its own good practice.